Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Little Miss Organizer!

As some of you know I work with three year olds everyday for 8 hours a day ( minus saturday & sunday)
While I absolutly love my kids... I sometimes find myself running around like a chicken with my head cut off.. this is because I am constantly trying to keep them entertained. They have the SHORTEST attention span!! In the midst of keeping them entertained I also need to stay organized; not to mention saving time. I am also a little obssesive over how the room looks, as well as obssesed with how organized the room is. It is myself & one other teacher ( we are short a teacher right) I am all about saving time while being organized! Here are some neat ideas to use in the classroom :)!! ENJOY!

This is our calendar to update our parents :) (arent our humptydumptys cute!!?? It was fairy tales/ nursey rhymes week)
 
I took pics of the bins with toys in them and took another pic & placed one on the bin and one on the shelf ( as you can see below) So the kids know where the toys go! Saves me from cleaning up & gives me extra time!


We organize our days by folders and put dailys, worksheets, art projects and anything else for that day in its spot! We are always a week ahead which is super prepared and allows us to save time!


My fellow teacher came up with this idea! We are NEVER searching for colors, because they are organized !!
ALSO A TIME SAVER!! AWESOME!!!!

WE seperated our months and the lesson plans in that month so we do not have to do it the week before. We are always two months ahead of the lesson plans which helps us in case one of us is out for a long period of time :)

This idea is CREATIVE!! We place a different shape at each table for example blue square or pink triangle then look down at the next picc!!

We put their names on the color table they should be sitting at ( right above where the chairs are stacked so they can see them) this helps them recognize their names and then they can easily see what table they should be sitting at!


I hope some of this can be beneficial to anyone :) I love giving ideas on ways to save time & I love hearing new ideas! FEEL free to give some!!

2 comments:

  1. You are a teacher!!??? Me too. Oh I'm so happy I found your blog even more now!

    ReplyDelete